AMA Servsig 2016
The 2014 “Let’s Talk about Service” Workshop (empowered by AMA SERVSIG.) December 11-12, 2014, Ghent (Belgium)
We are delighted to announce that the 3rd Let’s Talk About Service Workshop will be held from December 11 to 12, 2014 in Ghent, hosted by the Center for Service Intelligence (Ghent University, Belgium). A unique experience for Young Faculty & Researchers Aiming at a PhD in Service Research
This year’s theme is “Service Research Positioning”. In two days time, all participants will be plunged into the publication process and will receive valuable input from several experienced faculty members and (area) editors.
Meet the (area) editors of JM, JSR, JBR, JOSM, JSM and MSQ & leading scholars that will share their experiences and will give great
Keynote participants of the 2014 Edition
• You, the new generation of service researchers, and the supervisors of this generation
• Prof. dr. M Kleijnen: who will give a workshop on research positioning
• Prof. dr. V Kumar (editor Journal of Markting), Prof. dr. J Kandampully (editor Journal of Service Management), Prof. dr. A Gustafsson (area editor Journal of Service Research and Journal of Business Research), Prof. dr. S. Baron (editor of Journal of Services Marketing), Prof. dr. M Sigala & Prof. dr. C Ranaweera (co-editors Managing Service Quality): who will give their advice on publishing impactful research
• A den Ambtman, A Henkel, Prof dr. Y Van Vaerenbergh, Prof. dr. J Schepers, Prof dr. L Aksoy and dr. T Keiningham: who will share their experiences on the road to publish service research.
Conference Website: www.LetsTalkAboutService.org
DAY 1: Workshop & Conference
During the first day, a workshop on the positioning of research papers within the field of service research will be organized. Participants will be asked to go through a selected set of reading materials that will be provided upfront. In addition, scholars across all stages of the career path share their personal experiences regarding the positioning of their papers, the publication process and their lessons learned.
DAY 2: Advice from the Editors & Interactive Panel Discussion
During the second day, the (area) editors of JM, JSR, JSM, JOSM, JBR and MSQ will give their view on the positioning and publishing of relevant research. In addition, two interactive sessions will take place, consisting of a discussion between the participants and the panel of editors. All participants will need to provide input in advance to stimulate the debate. More precisely, participants are invited to submit up to 3 key issues that they encounter in their research/ publishing experience that will be submitted to editors and discussed further during the panels discussions (a more detailed description of the workshop can be found on the Conference website: www.LetsTalkAboutService.org).
Call for Participation:
In order to optimize the level of interactivity and feedback, the number of participants in the two-day seminar is limited. Therefore, participants have to apply first. Participants in the workshop will receive a certificate of attendance, specifying the duration and content of the workshop.
• Call for Participation Deadline: November, 3, 2014
• Decision Participation: November, 7, 2014
• Registration Fee (including materials, food & beverages, networking events): €400
• Conference Dates: December, 11-12, 2014
Application form: www.LetsTalkAboutService.org
This two-day event is a joint initiative of the Center for Service Intelligence of Ghent University (Prof. Dr. Bart Larivière), University of Antwerp (Prof. Dr. Annouk Lievens), and the University of Namur (Prof. Dr. Wafa Hammedi), and is designed to introduce young scholars to the wonderful world of service research. Each edition, a workshop on a particular topic or methodology, is selected.